Southern Sayin' Of The Month

I live for the light of a full moon. -me

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Little Something To Look Forward To

The RedHead and I have started talking about the reality of beginning to build our "forever home" in the next year or so. We have looked through houseplans and magazines and books for the past two years, and I think we've found a winner! We found it about a year ago and just put it aside to revisit when the time was closer for us to begin building. Well, we're almost there.

The plan is to start by having some updates done to our current home; new front stoop, new flooring in the kitchen and bathroom, and new paint in the dining and living rooms. We have been working on a few things a little bit at a time (new stove, kitchen sink, bedrooms painted) so hopefully it will help our house sell quickly.

Once the updates are done we will list our house (most likely in early spring) and then start construction. I am sooo excited about this step, but I know what it means. Going back to work. Blah. That, I am not ready to think about. I know that it is 9 months away, but time passes so quickly that it will be here in no time. I have to keep telling myself that this is my "little something to look forward to!"

Click here to see 0ur Forever Home!

Oh...and imagine it with an extended front porch that comes out even with the garage and goes across the front of the house. And one (not 2) large garage door. Exterior will be a bit altered to look more like this picture. Ok, I'll shut up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and comment...you know ya' wanna!

Related Posts with Thumbnails