Southern Sayin' Of The Month

I live for the light of a full moon. -me

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Simplify

It a new year and time for a resolution! I know there are a list of statistics showing how many people fail at keeping their New Year's Resolutions, but what I'm banking on with mine is a little thing called motivation. My resolution is one word,


And my motivation is that by simplifying my home and my life that I will be able to cut down on the stress that I experience. Right now my stress level is pretty low, but I will be returning to work this year and I know that with that the stress is never too far behind. I have started by cleaning and organizing drawers and closets (which will also be helpful when it comes time to move). I realize that the less clutter I have around, the less stressed I feel. This will definitely be a work in progress. I will keep you posted with my progress...

On a lighter note, my mama and I had the treat of going shopping for the day while my hubby watched the babes. We ate lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and I picked up a few post-Christmas gifts for myself. It was a great day even though we had to push our New Years dinner (pork chops, greens, black-eyed peas, and corn bread) back a day.

Treats for me!


...to wear to ballet class.

And my two favorite teas from Teavana.

Rooibos Tropica

and Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl Tea...delicious together!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous day! I am SO with ya on the simplifying! You can do it! Hope your having a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your word!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplify. Great word.

    And I need a day of shopping with my Mama too!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and comment...you know ya' wanna!

Related Posts with Thumbnails